“Liam Neeson returns as Bryan Mills, the retired CIA agent with a particular set of skills who stopped at nothing to save his daughter Kim from Albanian kidnappers. When the father of one of the kidnappers swears revenge, and takes Bryan and his wife hostage during their family vacation in Istanbul, Bryan enlists Kim to help them escape, and uses the same advanced level of special forces tactics to get his family to safety and systematically take out the kidnappers one by one.”
I saw the movie focusing on the two sides of the father: The good and bad.
- A heart, that doesn't learn to forgive. That's the characteristic of the kidnapper's father. After his son died, he promised to take revenge against Bryan Mills. He did everything to captive Bryan.
- Living in the yesterday's pain. The kidnapper's father didn't forget what Bryan did to his son. He thought killing Bryan will lessen the pain of losing his son.
- No Man's Word. When Bryan was about to kill the kidnapper's father, he asked him first if he would like to be killed or to live and forget what happened. He chose to to live. But he didn't keep his word and tried to kill Bryan when he got a chance.
- A loving father. All through out the movie, Bryan showed love for his family.
- A father who protects. Bryan did everything to protect his family. Though his aware he could die protecting them, he still willing to sacrifice.
- A man who lead.